Pin it

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Smart House

Yesterday my company had a Corporate Day at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago where they offered free admission to it's employees and families. It's been several years since I've visited, so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to take Nicole (Jesse was working). The Museum has changed so much and had many cool new exhibits, but the best by far with the "SMART HOUSE" exhibit. This house is a modular, eco-friendly, energy efficient, and overall COOL pad! Most of the furnishings were made from recycled items (chandeliers from car parts, coffee table from club windows, kitchen counter tops from recycled glass composite, etc. )It also had plenty of outdoor space, balconies at each level, rock and rooftop gardens. If you haven't seen this yet, I strongly encourage you to go, you will certainly be inspired to think green in your own home. I got some great ideas for the next house I build :-)




More to come later possibly...

No comments:

Post a Comment